By default, Stripe uses some basic retry logic on your subscriptions called Smart Retries. In order for OpenPath to take over the subscription retries in Stripe on behalf of the FlexPay AI Retry engine, you need to turn off the retry schedules in Stripe and set the subscription status' to Unpaid.
In order to make these changes, follow the instructions below:
Enable FlexPay with Stripe
- Login to your Stripe Dashboad at:
- From your main dashboard in the left hand menu click on settings.
- From the settings dashboard locate the billing section and the link Subscriptions and emails and click that link.
- From the Settings | Subscriptions and email dashboard find the Manage failed payments section near the bottom of the screen.
- First either change or make sure in the Retry schedule that Use custom retry schedule is selected.
- If there are retry attempts as in the example above click the x next to each one to remove all retry attempts, these will now be handled by FlexPay. Once the retries are remove the section should now look like this.
- Next, we don't want Stripe to cancel the subscription, but mark it as unpaid, so we can attempt to pickup the payment through FlexPay. To do this, in the Subscription Status section click on the drop-down menu and select: mark the subscription as unpaid.
- Finally, we want to save the configuration settings, to do this click the save button, if the save is successful, the save button will be greyed out.
That's it, if you have everything configured in OpenPath and FlexPay already, then the FlexPay retry dates will start occurring in your Stripe account automatically.