When you connect the Encrypted Checkout to your Shopify account you are set up and ready to start accepting payments.
If you haven't connected your Shopify site to Encrypted Checkout yet, please refer to the following document on setting up payments through OpenPath.
In Shopify ...
Log in to your Shopify Admin.
Click Encrypted Checkout on the Sales Channel Menu and choose Settings.
- Sale vs. Authorize | Capture
- Adding your Logo
- Adding Text and HTML
- Adding Meta Data, Scripts, CSS and more
Sale vs. Authorize | Capture
In Shopify you have the option in your Payments settings under Payment capture to either Automatically capture payment for orders or Manually capture payment for orders. The settings in Shopify must match the settings in OpenPath, for everything to work properly.
Shopify Payment Settings
Encrypted Checkout Settings
If you have your Shopify Payment capture set to Automatically, then you should make sure Enable Authorization is disabled.
If you have your Shopify Payment capture set to Manually, then you should make sure Enable Authorization is enabled.
Adding your Logo
- In the Encrypted Checkout settings, find the Store Logo section.
- Click Choose File button
- This will open a file dialog box where you can navigate your local computer to find the logo file you want to upload, when you find it click on it and click open.
- Once complete you will now see the file name next to the Choose File button.
- If this is correct, click save. Now if you navigate to the payment screen through your Shopify checkout you will see the logo displayed in the same spot as it would in Shopify.
Adding Text and HTML
- Still in the Encrypted Checkout settings, click on Left HTML tab
- In the text field you can enter any information and format it however you would like
- If you would like to add custom HTML, just click on the Source button and HTML away
- You can do the same thing for the Right HTML as well and by default, the Left and Right HTML will show up in the locations shown below
- Once you've made all your updates, click on Save and you will see your changes right away in your Shopify Payment screen
Adding Meta Data, Scripts, CSS and more
- Still in the Encrypted Checkout settings, click on the Header tab, which will open a text editor that allows you to add code to the HEAD section of HTML
- If you want to add scripting, just add your script between two SCRIPT tags
- If you want to add custom CSS, just place your CSS between two STYLE tags, you can also mix them all together
- You can add meta tags in the header or any other valid HTML HEAD attributes as well, once complete, click save and your changes will be live on your Shopify Payment page.